Monday, April 2, 2012

There was some disagreement

about how cold the water in Cedar Creek was this Sunday. Payback asked: if it was so warm, then what were the penguins doing?


The hares had set a shortish run/walk to allow time for a dip, and those who braved the water were considerably refreshed. Among the bravest were a couple of our visitors, who made one helluva splash leaping in. Good to see you again, Jammies, and your 3 Thirsty companions!

Early arrivals at the on, on made straight for the beer...


and wine...


And Haughty demonstrated how not to cook snags:


Banger, the sausage expert, missed a run a couple of weeks ago - and here's the reason. He'd been in a fight with a wasp, and the wasp won. Better luck with your other fights, mate....


Here are a few of Charcoal's extracts of letters from British council house tenants - as heard at the on, on:
Their 18 year old son is continually banging his balls against my fence.

I wish to report that tiles are missing from the outside toilet roof. I think it was bad wind the other day that blew them off.

My lavatory seat is cracked, where do I stand?

The next door neighbour has got this huge tool that vibrates the whole house and I just can't take it anymore.

The toilet is blocked and we cannot bath the children until it is cleared.

I am a single woman living in a downstairs flat and would you please do something about the noise made by the man on top of me every night.

It's the dog's mess that I find hard to swallow.

Next week it's our traditional Easter Egg run, once more brought to you by Charcoal and Strine.

Next run details
When: Sunday 8th April, 4 pm
Where: Corner Buranda Road and Clear Mountain Road, Clear Mountain
Hares: Charcoal and Strine

On, on!