Monday, June 27, 2011

The unhashed bits

Our hares promised us a jaunt around the unhashed bits of Upper Kedron - and they delivered! We started off from a really popular playground, then crossed the road to a school (reminded me of the old saying "You can say what you like about paedophiles, but at least they drive slowly past playgrounds and schools") and after that I have no idea where we were. There seemed to be a surprising amount of bush left among the houses...and a lot of opportunities for some fiendish checks and false trails. The on, on featured three delish courses! I'll post the recipe for the spinach soup later if I can get it off Miss Demeanour...many thanks to the hares!

We farewelled Hardcore - off to Europe to enjoy her hard-earned prize for being a top-selling travel agent. And we exclaimed at the coincidence of Hot to Trot, Slammit, Upfront, Superhacker and Hopalong all ending up in the same carriage of a Sydney-bound train this week.

There were some good jokes at the on, on. And here's another that I forgot to tell:

Bob and his mates are planning a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser Island. But the day before they are due to leave has to tell them that he can't go because his wife won't let him.

So they are really surprised when they find him at the barge the next morning, standing beside his vehicle and downing a beer.

"How did you talk your wife into letting you go, Bob?"

"I didn't have to," he says. "Last I night I was sitting in front of the TV feeling really depressed. Then my wife came up behind me, covered my eyes and said, 'Surprise!' When I peeled her hands back, she was standing there in a beautiful see-through negligee. She said, 'Carry me into the bedroom and tie me to the bed - and you can do whatever you want'...so here I am."

There'll be a Brazilian (hareless) run to start the new financial year....

Next run details
When: Sunday 3rd July, 4 pm
Where: Undambi Rotary Reserve, corner Mt O'Reilly Road and Greggs Road
Hares: M. Promptu will set the run; Potluck will cater (please bring something to share)

On, on!