Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Drowned rats

Samford Hash runs and walks come rain or shine. Not much shine this Sunday, though...it bucketed down as soon as we set off, and we came back like drowned rats - or like contestants in a wet teeshirt competition. (Payback was probably the winner of that one.)

Was Hardcore brave or stupid? She ran the whole trail completely blind behind rain-splattered glasses....

It was good to welcome back Topless from Germany and Bigtop from New Zulund.

Here's a little story for the elder gents among us...

An old fellow comes into the confessional and says:

"Father, I am 85 years old and I have had an incredible day. This morning I went to have coffee at the local coffee shop. There was a beautiful 19 year old waitress there, and we got talking. One thing led to another, and we ended up having sex round the back of the shop.

Then I went to the local library to change my books. There was a beautiful young librarian there and we got talking. One thing led to another, and we ended up having sex between the shelves of books.

I was feeling a bit tired after this, so I took a taxi home. The taxi driver was a beautiful 20 year old woman, and we got talking. One thing led to another, and we ended up having sex in the back of the taxi."

The priest tries not to seem shocked. "Adultery is a grievous sin, my son," he says. "You are to say 50 rosaries and 100 Hail Marys."

"I don't know how to do that," says the old man. "I'm not Catholic - I'm Jewish."

"Well," says the priest,"why did you come in here and tell me your sins?"

"Father," says the old man patiently, "I'm 85 years old and I have had an incredible day. I'm telling everybody I can!"

Next run details
When: Sunday 29th March, 5 pm
Where: Bunya Riverside Reserve - end of Dugandan Road. A map....
Hares: Shockjock and Miss Demeanour

(If you need directions to this run, please email us)

On, on!