Monday, April 1, 2013

The rain in Spain

falls mainly in the plain.  The rain in SE Queensland seems to fall mainly in any place where Samford Hash is planning a run/walk....

The storm this Sunday was not quite as spectacular as last week's - which had some people reminiscing about the Red Dress Run in Kuching.  But the raindrops were quite as wet, and after a truncated run and an extremely truncated walk we flung wide the eskys and hoed into the feast that Potluck had provided.

Would you believe that Leave Pass could really get the start time wrong?  (I couldn't.)  But for his benefit - next week we definitely do move to our winter start time of 4 pm!  Next week!  The first run/walk of April!  4 pm!

There were some leftover St Paddy's jokes at the on, on - and here's another just for luck.

Two men are in a bar.  One says to the other:
"Excuse me, but would you be Irish at all?"
"Indeed I would.  And would you be Irish yourself?"
"I would entirely.  What part of Ireland do you come from?'
"From Dublin."
"Glory be to God!  I'm from Dublin too!  What part of Dublin?"
"From Sandymount."
"Would you believe that!  I'm from Sandymount too!  Where did you go to school?"
"At St. Patrick's in Sandymount."
"So did I! This is incredible!   When did you start school at St. Patrick's?"
"Let me see....It would have been in 1960."
"Would you believe that!  I started school at St. Patrick's in 1960!"

Just then a regular comes into the bar and asks the barman, "What's the news?"
"Nothing much," says the barman.  "The O'Reilly twins are drunk again."

Next run details
When: Sunday 7th April, 4 pm - repeat - 4 pm!
Where: Make an Offer and Banger's hilltop hideaway in Dayboro
Hares: Banger and Make an Offer

(If you need directions to this run, please email us.)

On, on!