Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last run of the year


A glance back over the archives for the year shows that there have been some notable highs and lows for Samford Hash in 2012.  We've had some pain, and we've had a lot of fun...we've celebrated some milestones, we've welcomed some new members, and we've kept the traditions alive.  As the old song goes: "These are the times we will dream about - and we'll call them the good old days...."

But enough of this sentimental sniveling!  It's time to usher in 2013, and we anticipated this with a some really expensive sparklers and a rendition of Auld Lang Syne this Sunday.  M. Promptu took us around an enjoyable route and Potluck again provided a notable feast.  Moshi-moshi did sterling service in treating one of Samford Hash's pampered pooches to a healthy run, dragging her along by the collar for the last km or so....

For those who didn't get enough cracks in their crackers, here are a few more:

"Doctor, doctor, I think I'm getting shorter!"
"Well, you'll just have to be a little patient."

Q.  What did the blonde call her pet zebra?
A.  Spot

"Knock, knock"
"Who's there?"
"Miniature"
"Miniature who?"
"Miniature let me in I'll tell you."

"Doctor, doctor, I think I'm a refrigerator!"
"Does that worry you?"
"No, but I sleep with my mouth open, and the little light keeps my wife awake...."

Perhaps that's enough for now...We'll keep some for next year (I heard that!)

Next run details
When: Sunday 6 January, 2013 - 5 pm
Where: Corner Buranda Road and Clear Mountain Road, Clear Mountain
Hares: Charcoal and Strine

On, on!